31 January 2008

Arctic Monkeys

It's voting time again for the Shockwaves NME Awards and Arctic Monkeys (MySpace) has been nominated for seven awards - best British band, best live band, best album (for Favourite Worst Nightmare), best track (for 'Fluorescent Adolescent'), best video (for 'Teddy Picker') and best video album artwork (for Favourite Worst Nightmare), with lead singer Alex Turner also nominated for the "best dressed" award.

Arctic Monkeys was formed in Sheffield in 2002. Their first single 'I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor' went straight to number one in the UK charts. Their debut album Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not was critically acclaimed and a bestseller.

The success of Arctic Monkeys was not driven by major marketing by a major label but by the band themselves using the internet.



CD cover for Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not



CD cover for Favourite Worst Nightmare


(live) clip for 'I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor'


clip for 'Fluorescent Adolescent'


clip for 'Teddy Picker'


clip for 'Brianstorm'

No comments: